Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Extending the Porch

The pictures are out of order, we've been having trouble with our blog lately so deal. On Saturday we decided to extend our back porch to accommodate our new grill as well as the ten or fifteen people that show up every Sunday evening. The picture above is the finished project. It only took me, the two missionaries, and my neighbor ten hours to finish. We used 100 80lb. bags of concrete, mixed by a gas powered mixer. I think next time we'll have it delivered. We were just about done when it started pouring rain. I was not a happy camper to say the least, in fact I'm pretty sure I said a bad word or two in my head. We had to refinish it all over again, then our dog Alex walked through it. Stupid dog, we had to finish it once more. Luckily it turned out pretty good. Was it worth it?.... Ask me in a week or two. Oh by the way don't ever finish concrete bare footed, one of the missionaries stood in the concrete all day without boots, he looked down at his feet and some of the skin was falling off. I felt pretty bad for him, but he did get out of tracting for a day, so it's all good.



7 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like the girls were in on it, too. Do you know how to do sidewalks? The city is making us redo ours.

Indiana Clark's said...

As a matter of fact, that is the next part of the project...we are going to put a sidewalk from the patio to the door that leads to the garage. Tell Darren to call me.

Anonymous said...

Nice BBQ. I'm glad you got that project done before my visit.

Carrie said...

I want to play in Indiana!

Delene said...

It looks really nice! You should be proud.

Anonymous said...

Okay you slackers--time for an update!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is time for an update!! Do I have to call and cus at you?