Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Courtney's Summer Softball



Courtney enjoyed her softball this summer. She didn't love the practices so much, but she loved the games. She played second base. She did really great and almost always got on base. I think the worst part about the whole experience this year, unfortunately, was dealing with out of control parents that needed to get a grip on kids softball. Some of them acted like their kids were playing in the major league, instead 8-11 year old girl's summer softball. It made for a bad feeling amongst the crowd. But, we just tried to ignore them and make the best of it... and have a good time! We spent many hours this summer sitting in lawn chairs watching games. Michael said now he understood what his parents went thru for him. He said they came to every game of his to support him even though they probably had better things to do. So...thanks Mom and Dad Clark for being awesome parents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss going to ballgames! I knew Courtney would do well because I haven't seen her do anything half-way. I love the pose on the bottom photo! The worst part of the games was seeing Michael stressed when he threw a bad pitch (not that often, I have to say). The pressure on those pitchers was excruciating. As I said, however, I miss it!

Susan said...

Courtney, you look so cute as a softball player!