Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Agreement


I love my husband dearly and he is a very hard working man, so I understand that he needs "his" time and "his" things to be who he is. But, sometimes I think Michael is a 16 year old boy stuck in a 35 year old man's body. He plays his xbox and I don't say a word. He loves his truck and says that one of these days he's going to jack it up and put big ol' tires on it. I just roll my eyes and hope and pray that never happens. Recently he put a new stereo in his truck that now he can literally bust an eardrum listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers. And now he wants an Ipod so he can instantly download up to 1,000 songs to his stereo. So...I came up with a deal when he proposed his last wish to me. Now, I am not a "Nag" wife and never wanted to be. So, for 13 years I have patiently sat back and let him decide when he is going to take responsibility "on his own" to commit to certain responsibilities. Well...it never has happened... so here is the agreement I gave him. We'll see how it goes.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to go Kim!! That is really funny!! You should have taken a picture of Mike's face when he first read this "agreement". :)

Anonymous said...

I think that sounds fair! I may try that myself. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd say Mike must be a pretty good sport.

Sarah said...

You DO realize that next year, he'll want to earn a 4-wheeler, right?

Curtis and Shandy said...

I think Kim is the true sport, I also think Curtis has some of the same qualities that Mike does. Its going to be scary watching them play Xbox together.

nalani said...

Boys and their toys!! In the first year of being married to Jed he bought a new snowmobile and 4-wheeler because he had already "planned on buying those before we got married and so they were considered "grandfather claused" into the marriage." Now he can't use that excuse anymore so I think I'll start using your method Kim---I love it!!!

Delene said...

Just think how blessed you will be when he does his home teaching each month! The blessings may be worth it! I already know how blessed you are for helping missionaries!

Indiana Clark's said...

Thanks for all the support! Michael actually laughed and thought it was a good idea. Sometimes you just need a little push and bribery to get things going:) -Kim