Monday, February 12, 2007

Surviving the Slumber Party!

See the fun fancy shoe cups!





As you may or may not know Courtney is our child that insists on a production of some sort for every event that happens...and her birthday is definitely the biggest of them all. I blame this on the first child syndrome with which a parent tends to over exert themselves with extensive, creative parties and such. Well, Courtney turned 10 years old this past week and this year was no exception. She picked a "That's So Raven" Theme this year. The birthday-slumber party consisted of 8 of her closest friends from school. All of you Clark's out west can't appreciate a true girl party like we can. (Maybe the Bell/Oram clan will). But, it involves a lot of screaming and high pitch noises and laughing and running all through the house. This year I found a few making phone calls to boys. YIKES! I can't believe it has begun! Anyway, it was 2am...then 3 am...then at 5am I had finally had enough and had to put my foot down. I was getting up in three hours and if anyone knows me they know I like my sleep! The next day...since Michael left me alone with these wild kids most of the night he was kind enough to clean up the mess. He actually found dried pop that had splattered all over our kitchen wall at some point and makeup smeared all over his recliner. He wasn't too happy about that. I guess the girls had smeared lipstick all over the girls' faces who fell asleep first. It was a pretty funny sight...but not so funny when we saw the damage. Anyway...we did survive another crazy year.
I'm so glad that Camilla is not nearly this high maintenance!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I would have been gouging my eyeballs out by midnight! It's true, I CANNOT appreciate a girly slumber party!
Happy birthday Courtney!!

Susan said...

Kim, you're a trooper. At least you had some blogs to look at. Happy Birthday, Courney. Wish I could have been there.

nalani said...

I think that looks so fun! I love the shoe cups! Tell Courtney I'm so offended she didn't invite me! I could have brought all my make-up and done make-overs!!!!

Amelia said...

oooo oooo after my blog post... I am SO wanting those shoe cups! SOO cute. Dang!

Sarah said...

Been there, done that...pretty sure I earned my mansion in heaven too.....but I have a 10 year old daughter who would have thought she had died adn gone to heaven just to have been invited...looks so fun (I love the decorations adn the paint in her room too!)